A Housing Advisor’s Guide to HMOs & Selective Licensing
The Housing Act 2004 introduced licensing for ‘houses in multiple occupation’ (HMOs) and selective licensing.
These schemes were implemented to improve housing standards in the private rented sector.
This webinar is designed to provide listeners with a practical refresher of this area of law.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a HMO?
- What is mandatory licensing?
- What is additional licensing?
- What is selective licensing?
- Applications for a property licence: how to apply; and what factors will be relevant to the decision
- Failure to license. What are the penalties for non-compliance?