A Guide to the Sixth Anti Money Laundering Directive ‘6AMLD’ - What’s New?
6AMLD was published on 2 December 2018 and EU member states are required to implement it by 3 December 2020.
It is designed to harmonise the approach of EU states to the criminal offences of money laundering. Although the UK has opted out on the basis that AML offences in the UK are already sufficiently strong, it is essential for regulated businesses in the UK with a presence in other EU states to anticipate the changes to money laundering laws that will affect their continental offices.
One striking change under 6AMLD will be the emphasis of corporate liability for money laundering and a recommended suite of stiff penalties.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The anticipated breadth of the money laundering offences under 6AMLD
- How expanded offences under 6AMLD interact with the UK’s own criminal offences of money laundering
- The rise of corporate criminal liability for money laundering under 6AMLD and how and when it will bite
- Available sanctions for money laundering under 6AMLD
- Enhanced AML law enforcement cooperation and how this can affect your business or your clients
- The impact on AML policies and procedures - how you should prepare
This webinar was recorded on 25th June 2020
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering