A Guide to Unconscious Bias in Recruitment - In One Hour
This FREE webinar provides timely advice to help any organisation in their efforts to improve racial equality and ethnic diversity in the workplace.
We might know that it is unlawful to discriminate in the recruitment process, and we might be determined not to discriminate. However, we all have our own stereotypes and prejudices and they might creep into the decisions that we make.
This is commonly referred to as our unconscious bias.
This webinar will consider the definition of unconscious bias and how it occurs. We will consider specific recruitment scenarios and see how unconscious bias can turn a situation into one where discrimination has occurred.
We will also look at what actions we can take to avoid unconscious bias.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Unconscious bias
- Defining unconscious bias
- Stereotypes and prejudice
- Why unconscious bias occurs
- Equality Act 2010
- The nine protected characteristics
- The different forms of discrimination
- Avoiding unconscious bias turning into discrimination
- What information to use in the shortlisting stage
- Designing application forms
- The use of monitoring
- Bringing objectivity into the recruitment process
- Pros and cons of panel interviews
- Pros and cons of psychometric assessment
- Issues to consider
- Looking at the organisation profile
- Training for line managers
This webinar was recorded on 12th April 2019
at your organisation