A Guide to Transgender Rights in Employment Law
Of the 9 protected characteristics recognised by the Equality Act, gender reassignment is the least well understood and most different from the others. It poses special challenges for employers in the workplace and those undergoing transition have protections and rights that other employees and workers do not enjoy.
Conventions of language about gender transition and workplace issues such as access to personal facilities, dress codes, name changes and education of other staff are particularly challenging areas.
This course is aimed at lawyers and human resources professionals who may need to create policy or to advise in this area.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The transition process for those undergoing gender reassignment
- The protections afforded to transgender staff under the Equality Act 2010, the Gender Recognition Act 2006, and the Data Protection Act
- Good practice in dealing with transgender employees, and sources of assistance
- How to avoid or deal with litigation related to transgender employees
- Proposals and likely changes to transgender legislation
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme