A Guide to Ophthalmic Claims for Clinical Negligence Lawyers
Glaucoma can cause deterioration in sight and, if diagnosed early enough, the extent of vision loss can be reduced. Despite glaucoma being relatively easy to diagnose, the diagnosis can often be missed by GP's or opticians meaning the patient is not referred in a timely manner to a consultant ophthalmologist which in turn leads to a delay in diagnosis.
This webinar will help you to understand glaucoma, the key principles in diagnosing the condition and up to date quantum case law.
It will also cover some of the common pitfalls in conducting these claims.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is glaucoma?
- The different types of glaucoma - closed angle and open angle glaucoma
- Types of claims - delay in diagnosis (against GPs, opticians, hospitals)
- How to show breach of duty
- Proving causation
- Damages - including care and attendance claims, aids & appliances; relevant case law
- Other potential benefits, DWP, RNIB
This webinar was recorded on 28th January 2020