A Guide to GDPR in Education
This course will help anyone who advises education institutes on compliance with the new data protection legislation (the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018) to understand the specific issues that schools and colleges face with data protection, and how to address them.
This new course, which builds on existing knowledge of the new legislation, will focus on giving you confidence to apply it appropriately in an education setting, as well as busting some of the myths around what GDPR means.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- When consent is needed, and how to manage consent
- How to demonstrate accountability
- How to uphold the rights of students, parents and staff
- How to use CCTV, photos and biometric data fairly
- Which security measures should be considered
- How to handle data breaches
- Sharing personal data lawfully and securely
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme