A Guide to Drafting & Negotiating Sports Sponsorship Agreements - Live at Your Desk
As the world of sport and business has evolved as big business, sponsorships and commercial partnerships have become far more sophisticated when seeking the rights that they wish to exploit, the ways in which they will be able to exploit them and the protection they will require against their business competitors acquiring the same or similar rights. Equally, those looking to attract sponsorship have also become more aware of the commercial opportunities available to them.
This virtual classroom seminar will examine how to draft sports sponsorship agreements and the other issues faced by lawyers when negotiating sports sponsorship arrangements and will then conclude with an interactive session in which the speaker will share his experiences negotiating sponsorship agreements over many years.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Identifying at the outset who you are acting for and exactly what your client wants from the sponsorship relationship
- Different types of sponsorship, looking at it from both sides
- Defining the sponsorship rights that the sponsor will be entitled to use and for what purposes
- The various ways exclusivity may be defined and the potential problem of ambush marketing
- Granting and the exercise of all rights including the sponsorship rights in accordance with applicable laws and individual sports
- What can be sponsored? Understanding the potential conflict between individuals and the event/sport organisers
- How do you advise on the sponsorship fee and the related financial provisions
- Does your client have a sponsorship strategy? Looking at the long term benefit of sponsorship and brand relationship Related product/supply, affinity and merchandising rights and obligations/arrangements
- Identify potential problems and what might go wrong and appropriate remedies. How does the sponsor protect themselves from any adverse publicity?
- Various forms of dispute resolution/arbitration
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.