A Definitive Guide to the Gig Economy & the Law of Status
Casual and gig-based work arrangements have been subject to unprecedented levels of attention recently - both in the press and in the courts.
This in-depth virtual classroom seminar will look at all the recent so called ‘gig economy’ decisions - including the high-profile cases against Uber, Pimlico Plumbers, Deliveroo, Addison Lee - and identify the key principles, both from a UK and EU law perspective.
The seminar will also highlight the most significant cases on the horizon and the important points of principle that are yet to be resolved.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A range of appellate cases dealing with matters ranging from:
- Who is employed and who is genuinely self-employed?
- What constitutes working time?
- The entitlement to (and quantification of) national minimum wage
- Eligibility for health and safety protection
- The important difference between tax law and employment law
- What is the effect of multi-apping?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.