Risky Business - A Guide for In-House Counsel
After years of analysing every possible scenario and outcome, many lawyers become risk averse.
This course is designed specifically for in-house lawyers and will consider how your role and advice on legal risk can be effectively integrated into business risk decisions.
With practical exercises, the course will provide you with a route to focusing on the risks which really matter to the business as a whole leading to a sense of achievement and real contribution.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Managing Legal Risk - The Big Picture
- What distinguishes legal risk from other types of risk
- Who should take the lead in managing it?
- Who needs to play a part?
- How it fits with reputation
- Ensuring Business Engagement
- At a senior level
- Promoting a clear strategy
- Collaborative development and implementation of processes with senior managers
- Recognising what engagement entails
- At the individual client level
- Building relationships
- Resisting abdication and confiscation
- Regulatory Legal Risk
- Identifying regulations impacting on your organisation
- Bringing home the consequences of contravention
- Contributing to sustainable compliance
- Highlighting opportunities which may come with the burden
- The upsides of influencing prospective regulation
- Relationships - Commitments & Exposure
- The big picture
- Early warning of issues in selected scenarios
- Culture and risk appetite
- Diverging attitudes to risk
- Plotting risk according to impact and probability
- Initiatives to Facilitate Business
- Developing your business acumen
- Promoting risk: reward decisions at the right level
- Improving legal awareness
- Introducing managed self-help / service
- Contributing to streamlined processes
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme