Risky Business - A Guide for In-House Counsel
After years of analysing every possible scenario and outcome, many lawyers become risk averse.
This course is designed specifically for in-house lawyers and will consider how your role and advice on legal risk can be effectively integrated into business risk decisions.
With practical exercises, the course will provide you with a route to focusing on the risks which really matter to the business as a whole leading to a sense of achievement and real contribution.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Managing Legal Risk - The Big Picture
- What distinguishes legal risk from other types of risk
- Who should take the lead in managing it?
- Who needs to play a part?
- How it fits with reputation
- Ensuring Business Engagement
- At a senior level
- Promoting a clear strategy
- Collaborative development and implementation of processes with senior managers
- Recognising what engagement entails
- At the individual client level
- Building relationships
- Resisting abdication and confiscation
- Regulatory Legal Risk
- Identifying regulations impacting on your organisation
- Bringing home the consequences of contravention
- Contributing to sustainable compliance
- Highlighting opportunities which may come with the burden
- The upsides of influencing prospective regulation
- Relationships - Commitments & Exposure
- The big picture
- Early warning of issues in selected scenarios
- Culture and risk appetite
- Diverging attitudes to risk
- Plotting risk according to impact and probability
- Initiatives to Facilitate Business
- Developing your business acumen
- Promoting risk: reward decisions at the right level
- Improving legal awareness
- Introducing managed self-help / service
- Contributing to streamlined processes
9:30am - 5:15pm
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme