Offshore Trusts & Tax Changes for Non Doms - A Finance Bill Update
The introduction of deemed domicile status for UK income and capital gains tax is a landmark event in UK taxation. It has significant consequences for offshore trusts previously established by non-UK domiciled individuals.
This webinar will explore offshore trusts and tax changes for non-UK domiciled individuals.
The new provisions in Finance Bill 2017 offer some protection for existing offshore structures that will prevent immediate tax charges on UK resident settlors but the rules add another layer of complexity to an already difficult subject often involving large sums of money where mistakes can be expensive.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The new rules for deemed domicile status
- A review of existing anti-avoidance provisions for income and capital gains tax applied to offshore trusts
- Interaction with remittance basis of taxation for non-UK domiciles
- The new protected trust rules
- The changes to IHT on UK residential property held in offshore trusts