Certificate in Company Law - The Nuts & Bolts
This one day course is an introduction to company law. The course has been designed specifically for those new to company law or who need a refresher of the basics.
There is a wealth of legislation, case law, regulation and best practice guidelines governing companies: this course is here to help you understand essential elements of company law and give you a practical appreciation of how companies should be run and managed. The course is taught in the context of a realistic case study and full notes are provided for future reference.
For those with some familiarity with company law who wish for a updatemore in-depth exploration of some of these topics, please see these courses: UK Corporate Governance - Directors’ Duties, Conflicts & Liabilities in One Day, Shares, Share Capital & Dividends - A Practical Guide.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Types of company
- The interrelationship between the Companies Act, case law and a company's constitution
- Setting up a company
- An overview of corporate finance
- Share classes and share capital
- How decisions are made in companies
- Types of director
- Appointment and removal of directors
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Director's statutory and non-statutory duties
- Dealing with directors' conflicts of interest
- Company filing and record-keeping
- Company accounts and reporting
- Directors' potential liabilities on insolvency
- Other potential director liabilities e.g. Bribery, Fraud, Health & Safety and Corporate Manslaughter
- Articles of Association and company resolutions
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme