Certificate in Company Law - The Nuts & Bolts
This one day course is an introduction to company law. The course has been designed specifically for those new to company law or who need a refresher of the basics.
There is a wealth of legislation, case law, regulation and best practice guidelines governing companies: this course is here to help you understand essential elements of company law and give you a practical appreciation of how companies should be run and managed. The course is taught in the context of a realistic case study and full notes are provided for future reference.
For those with some familiarity with company law who wish for a updatemore in-depth exploration of some of these topics, please see these courses: UK Corporate Governance - Directors’ Duties, Conflicts & Liabilities in One Day, Shares, Share Capital & Dividends - A Practical Guide.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Types of company
- The interrelationship between the Companies Act, case law and a company's constitution
- Setting up a company
- An overview of corporate finance
- Share classes and share capital
- How decisions are made in companies
- Types of director
- Appointment and removal of directors
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Director's statutory and non-statutory duties
- Dealing with directors' conflicts of interest
- Company filing and record-keeping
- Company accounts and reporting
- Directors' potential liabilities on insolvency
- Other potential director liabilities e.g. Bribery, Fraud, Health & Safety and Corporate Manslaughter
- Articles of Association and company resolutions
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme