An Introduction to Proprietary Estoppel for Agricultural Lawyers
This webinar will look at the doctrine of proprietary estoppel and its application in particular in the context of farming cases.
It will review how the doctrine’s application has developed over recent years providing case law examples.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The three elements of proprietary estoppel:
- A promise
- Reliance on that promise
- Detriment to have been suffered
- What evidence is needed for the elements and how they may be interpreted in a farming context?
- Case law review
- The latest developments in the doctrine’s application
- What the Courts will determine as an effective remedy in a proprietary estoppel case and what factors will be taken into consideration in making that decision
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 22nd November 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.