An Introduction to Contentious Executries in Scotland
It is a commonly held view that executry disputes are on the rise. The types of disputes in Scotland are wide ranging; and often they are complicated.
In addition, recent and proposed changes to the law of succession, coupled with changes to civil jurisdiction, have altered the landscape for those with claims in executries.
This webinar will show you how to distinguish the interests of those involved in an executry and will examine the duties and rights of both the executor and the beneficiary.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Distinguishing the interests of those involved in an executry
- Analysing the executor’s duties
- Analysing the beneficiaries' rights
- Consideration of remedies
- Practical and tactical issues for executors and beneficiaries