The Coroner’s Regime & Inquests - A Practical Approach
This expanded course will provide valuable insight about the Coroner's Court and how to conduct inquests using the new legislation effectively.
It will consider the impact of the Coroner's and Justice Act 2009 and the 2013 Coroners Rules and Regulations.
Those who participate in this course will feel confident in their case preparation and appearance at an inquest.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Coroners the new regime
- Who is The Chief Coroner
- An overview of his powers
- Senior Coroners, area coroners and assistant coroners
- Delegation or transfer of duties or investigation
- Specialist coroners
- The Coroners and Justice Act 2009 the new Act and what the changes between the old Coroners Act 1988
- An overview of the new Coroners Rules 2013 and Coroners Regulations 2013
- How to make effective use of the PIR hearing
- Procedure at the full hearing - An advocate's checklist
- A suggested approach to the exploration of evidence
- Conclusions and determinations
- Prevention Future Death (PFD) reports what are they?
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme