Insurance Claims Unravelled - How to Avoid the Pitfalls
This interactive live broadcast session will review the rapidly evolving field of insurance claims and will provide an update on the most recent case law.
The session will cover the process of claims presentation, the pitfalls which await the unwary plus the key contractual issues.
We will also consider the consequences of failing to present or handle claims appropriately.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How to make an insurance claim
- The importance of contractual notification requirements
- The consequences of a failure to notify claims correctly
- Notifying 'circumstances' which may give rise to a claim
- Who can make a claim and who is covered under the insurance?
- Key claims terms including the operation of policy exclusions and contractual warranties
- Claims co-operation and claims control clauses - what they mean and how they work
- How claims are calculated; what happens if insurers delay payment?
- Fraudulent claims - what constitutes fraud in the claims process and what are the consequences?
- Insurers right to subrogate
- Resolving claims disputes - different forms of dispute resolution; the role of the Insurance Ombudsman
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.