Planning Obligations & Section 106 Agreements Explored
This live broadcast session is aimed at professionals with a basic knowledge of planning obligations and section 106 agreements. It involves a practical consideration of the principal issues and how they can be overcome.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The tests for validity - What do they really entail in light of recent case law? Balancing necessity and dealing with those applicants who wish to offer more in order to obtain permission. Contrasting the approaches taken at application and on appeal
- Parties - Debunking some of the myths that have become entrenched in drafting practice. Dealing with unwilling landowners in order to obtain release of the permission
- Heads of terms and drafting pitfalls - Avoiding simple mistakes and overcoming the perceived barriers to ensuring valid planning obligations. Retaining flexibility whilst ensuring certainty
- Costs and monitoring and completion - What can and cannot be charged. Practical issues on completion where multiple parties or related land transactions
- Enforcement - What is the attitude of the courts to enforcement? What remedies are available and which are appropriate in any given circumstances?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.