SMCR - Applying the New Regime in Practice
In December 2019, all FCA authorised firms became subject to the SMCR.
Has your firm appointed the appropriate individuals to each required senior manager function (SMF) in the correct way and assigned the right responsibilities to them?
And how about the new conduct rules?
Alongside these key requirements are a plethora of internal policies and procedures, not least updating HR and compliance policies to take account to the requirements on all levels of staff and the rules on giving and receiving regulatory references.
Firms need to get to grips with day to day compliance, including applying the 'fit and proper' test to those in certification functions, ensuring staff are properly trained and preparing information for the new Directory.
This webinar is aimed at those in compliance functions and those that need to support regulated businesses.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Categories of firm
- SMFs that apply to each firm and the duty of responsibility
- Prescribed responsibilities and statements of responsibility
- Scope of the certification regime and application of requirements
- Scope of the conduct rules and application of requirements
- Applying the new regime in practice
This webinar was recorded on 25th February 2020