ePrivacy - The Impact on Marketing & Advertising Activities
On 10 January 2017, the European Commission published its draft regulation on privacy and electronic communications which intends to repeal Directive 2002/58/EC ('the ePrivacy Directive').
Aimed at updating the current rules on electronic communications and making them consistent with the GDPR, the draft regulation is directly effective from 25 May 2018.
It includes changes in relation to the scope of application of the ePrivacy Directive, cookies provisions and eye-watering penalties.
This webinar focuses on the impact on marketing activities and is intended to help delegates understand the requirements of the draft regulation. It is also suitable for in-house counsel and private practice lawyers.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The current ePrivacy Directive
- The draft regulations relationship with the GDPR
- Effects on online advertising
- Effects on profiling and analytics activities
- Erasure and anonymisation requirements for core analytic activity
- Compliance with enhanced data minimization requirements
- What to consider when drafting privacy and cookies policies
- How to obtain lawful consent to such activities
- How the draft regulation will be enforced