Waste Management Law - The Key Areas Explained
As waste management law becomes more complex, environmental practitioners need to have a good command of the main issues involved.
This course covers the key areas of waste management law following the entry into force of the 2008 Directive on Waste and the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010. It will also look at the effect of an environmental permit following the Court of Appeal decision in Barr v Biffa and waste criminal proceedings.
This course is aimed at those dealing with EA prosecutions, waste crime, regulatory and environmental matters.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The definition of 'waste'
- Environmental permits for waste management sites
- Exemptions from permits
- Registration of exemptions
- The effect of an environmental permit
- The duty of care for waste
- Waste criminal offences
- Waste prosecutions
- Sentencing of waste management offences including a brief look at the new sentencing guidelines for environmental offences
- The new 2016 Code Of Practice on the Waste Duty of Care will be considered
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme