Using the PSG Style Leases in Scotland - A Practical Guide
The various style leases are based on the English model commercial lease, with appropriate wording to take account of the differences in English and Scottish lease law. The style leases are designed to achieve a reasonable position for the parties, and there are options available for adapting the style to meet the needs of a particular transaction.
This new half day course is aimed at lawyers and surveyors who handle commercial lease work and also those who are buying and selling commercial properties that have a lease in place.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- An understanding of the concepts and drafting style
- A walk through of the style leases, and how to use these
- Repairs, dilapidations, insurance and uninsured risks
- Rent review - market value and inflation linking routes
- Service charge - specific regime vs ad hoc regimes
- A reminder of common law rules that apply to the extent not contracted out of
- Meeting clients' requirements in drafting
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme