Understanding Derivatives - A 1 Day Bootcamp
Derivatives are one of the most mis-understood financial products and it is important for professional advisors to understand how they work, what they can do to help and how they can do harm.
This intermediate level one day course will consider the financing aspects using ‘crystal-clear’ spreadsheets to lock in your understanding. You will also develop a practical sense of the risks of using the wrong kind of derivative and how to spot mis-sales.
This course is aimed at legal and financial professionals.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Brief Re-cap:
- The largest derivative - Interest rate swaps
- The simplest derivative - FX forwards
- The most complex derivatives - Options
- SMEs & Derivatives
- Interest rate management
- Importing/exporting and investing in a foreign currency
- Protective regulations for customers
- Derivatives - where do the prices come from?
- Key cash flows and legal responsibilities
- Derivatives and wealthy clients
- Lessons from the derivatives disasters
- Examples of derivatives being used
- Eddie Stobart and fuel swaps
- Halfords and the supply chain
- BTL landlords and interest rates
- What happens if something goes wrong?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme