This Masterclass is limited to 25 Delegates - Book Now to Guarantee your Place
Dilapidations remain at the epicentre of successful asset management for landlords and at the forefront of business and financial planning for tenants.
This course is designed to keep you ahead of the competition and provide the unique insight of a specialist dilapidations surveyor, benefiting from years of dispute and litigation experience.
The course will examine a real life dilapidation case, a claim amounting to £1 million through to settlement at £200,000 scrutinising each areas of dispute, dilapidations theory, the respective tactics of landlord and tenant and risk proposition whilst touching on some of the conflicts between theory and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The repairing standard and typical disputes arising there from
- Extraordinary repairs - theory, interpretation and practical issues
- Alterations and reinstatement - the theory, in practice and leveraging tactical advantage
- Payment clauses and diminution in value
- Redecoration clauses - why such causes cause dispute and how to improve drafting
- Statutory obligations - the issues in practice
- VAT - demystifying VAT and impact on tactics
- Typical landlord and tenant tactics and how to counter them
- Settlement agreements - common pitfalls
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme