Trusts in Scotland - A Tax Planning Guide
Since the fundamental tax changes in 2006 trusts have to some extent fallen out of favour in relation to tax planning, however, in many circumstances trusts still have an important role to play in both estate planning and in asset protection.
This new half day course includes real life case studies and will debunk the myths of various trust structures.
It will arm you with the knowledge in the application of these trust structures in modern day estate planning and asset protection.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The basics of trust taxation - inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax
- What type of trust structure is appropriate in a given situation?
- Trust structures during lifetime and on death:
- Loan trusts including multiple trust structures
- Discounted gift trusts
- Trusts for life policies, death in service benefits and pension funds
- Trusts for asset protection
- Trusts and homes
- Trusts and deeds of variation
- Trusts and legal rights
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme