Transition from Children’s Services to Adult Provision - The Key Legal Issues
This webinar will cover the relevant legal provisions in both education and community care law focussing on when young people ‘transition to adulthood’.
It can often be a difficult time for families when children move between children’s services and adult provision and leaving or progressing to the next stage of their education can also be incredibly difficult.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A reminder of the law relating to children’s social care:
- s17 Children Act
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Guidance
- Care Act - the key principles, assessments and care planning
- Transition to adulthood:
- Care Act provisions relating to transition
- Children and Families Act - planning for and moving towards adulthood - annual reviews; amending/ceasing to maintain plans; part time v full time education; and appeals to the Tribunal for young people
- Continuity of provision
- Dealing with disputes:
- Judicial Review
- SEND National Trial
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 16th October 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.