Transactions in Securities - Don’t Get Caught Out
Many common transactions have the potential to fall foul of the transactions in securities legislation, which has been with us since FA 1960. There has been a renewed focus on counteraction since 2010, as well as changes to the legislation in 2001 and 2016.
This live broadcast session will take you through the current form of the legislation and explain what transactions are being challenged by HMRC and why.
What You Will Learn
This virtual learning session will cover the following:
- Transactions in securities legislation
- Conditions for the rules to apply
- Types of transaction affected
- Motive test
- Quantum of tax advantage
- Fundamental change of ownership test
- Counteraction process
- What HMRC is looking at
- Management buy-out transactions
- Reductions of capital
- Share exchanges followed by reductions of capital
- Use of EBTs as a ‘market’ for shares
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.