Trade Mark Update
Learn Live is MBL's latest eLearning solution. This virtual learning session combines the convenience of a webinar with the interactive benefits of a seminar, which may include the opportunity to engage with the speaker and other delegates, take part in voting polls and more.
Brands have never been more important in creating and maintaining market share. Although trade mark law has recently been reformed at both EU and national level, this virtual classroom session will consider the relevant issues continue to arise from the existing law, including questions of registrability, online targeting of customers and enforcement of marks across borders.
What You Will Learn
This virtual classroom session will cover the following:
- Positional and colour marks in the light of the Louboutin decision
- Bad faith: the CJEU challenge to Sky's rolling re-registrations
- What does it take to prove acquired distinctiveness for the shape of a KitKat?
- The frustrations of sharing a famous name
- When is a website targeting the UK consumer, and where can you sue?
- Do lingering third-party references infringe?
- Is Twitter use an infringement?
- Brands and Amazon trading
- Parallel imports - de-branding and re-packaging
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.