Tier 2 Sponsorship Explained - How to Prepare for the 2021 Reforms of the Tier 2 System
The Government has placed the Tier 2 sponsorship route at the centre of its reforms of the immigration system which will be in place ready for the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December 2020.
From early 2021, Tier 2 will be the main visa route for individuals from within the EU and beyond if they want to work in the UK.
The Tier 2 route is not straightforward - it is a sponsorship system, so it requires an applicant to have a genuine job offer from an organisation who holds a sponsor licence which meets a series of skill and salary thresholds. The applicant must then meet the requirements of the visa category whilst the sponsoring organisation must ensure that it keeps to the Home Office’s compliance duties to maintain its sponsorship credentials.
It is easy then to fall foul of several pitfalls.
This live broadcast session will equip you with the knowledge and skills to safely negotiate the pitfalls.
It will cover in depth the process for applying for both a Tier 2 General and Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer visa. In addition, it will go through the requirements for the visas including hints and tips to ensure your applications go smoothly. It will also go through the myriad of sponsorship duties an organisation must meet to remain compliant as a Tier 2 sponsor licence holder.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The eligibility requirements for a Tier 2 General visa application
- The eligibility requirements for a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer application
- How to conduct the resident labour market test
- The relevance of the shortage occupation list
- What is a certificate of sponsorship and how to request one from the Home Office
- The process for applying for a Tier 2 visa
- Tier 2 visas and ILR
- Switching from other immigration categories into Tier 2
- How the Tier 2 ‘cooling off’ period works
- Overview of the Tier 2 sponsorship duties
- A run through of the proposed changes to Tier 2 which will be in force from early January 2021
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.