Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act - Dealing with Insolvency
The Act came into force in August 2016 and allows recoveries by third parties of liabilities from individuals and companies who are insolvent but have insurance in place for the liability.
This webinar will update you on the key aspects of the legislation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The relevant persons covered by the Act
- The changes involving proceedings against insurers
- The defences available to the insurers
- The new provisions for access to information about insurance arrangements
- The obligations on insolvency practitioners upon receipt of requests for information
- The impact the changes may have in practice
This webinar was recorded on 27th June 2017