The New SRA Codes of Conduct & Your Duties to the Court
Under the new Codes of Conduct, there are a number of rules that all solicitors must observe in the conduct of any litigation before the Courts.
Contained in much briefer provisions than previously, the rules effectively require the same levels of professionalism as before and provide much the same notional content, but in fewer words.
Presented by Trevor Hellawell, this webinar will serve as a timely reminder of the rules which we all must follow.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Duties of individuals and firms
- Basic and perennial duties
- No misuse of or tampering with evidence
- No undue influence
- No payments to witnesses
- No contempt of court
- No time-wasting
- Drawing all relevant evidence to the Court’s attention
- How far can you go in re-phrasing a witness’s evidence?
- Briefing witnesses
- What about coaching?
- How do you deal with litigants in person and McKenzie friends?
This webinar was recorded on 14th January 2020