The Law of Nuisance - What’s New?
The law of nuisance is complex and potential claims must be thought through carefully.
This webinar will provide an update on the key issues which can be particularly important for industries who will want to know whether their operations, which comply with environmental permits and planning permissions, can still face an action in nuisance.
It will include the latest case law update including the Court of Appeal decision on Japanese Knotweed in Network Rail v Williams.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The historical development of the law of nuisance
- How the law of nuisance has helped to drive environmental improvements
- The effect of a planning permission to an action in nuisance
- The effect of an environmental permit to an action in nuisance
- New causes of nuisance: wind farms, fracking and invasive species
- The implications for landowners following the Court of Appeal decision on Japanese Knotweed in Williams v Network Rail Infrastructure Limited
- Nuisance and flooding
- What are statutory nuisances?
- What are public nuisances?
- Remedies, injunctions and damages