The Disclosure Letter - A Masterclass on Maximising Protection & Avoiding the Traps
Once seen merely as a document which tried to provide the seller with some protection against the risk of warranty claims, the disclosure letter has become one of the key documents in any sale of shares or assets, and a heavily negotiable part of the process.
This course will look at the case law which sets out the rules for fair disclosure so that sellers can be sure they have maximized the protection available to them, and buyers can ensure that they are not caught out.
If you have some experience of corporate transaction work, but are looking for a clearer understanding of the legal issues involved in disclosure and tips on how to make those rules work in your favour, then this course is for you. It will be of value to anyone who deals with corporate transaction work under UK law.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- The disclosure letter in context: what are you trying to achieve?
- What is 'full, fair and accurate disclosure' - an examination of the case law leading up to Infiniteland v Artisan Contracting
- Four golden rules of disclosure
- General disclosures - do they work?
- Distinguishing actual, constructive, implied and deemed knowledge
- How to create an effective disclosure bundle
- The buyer's response - making sure you've got the detail and considering the alternatives
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme