The Conveyancing Transfer Document - An Introduction
The vast majority of conveyancing transactions involve the preparation by the conveyancer of a HM Land Registry form of transfer, typically the TR1. This is a standard, pre-printed from and it is thus very easy to forget the legal significance of this important document.
The transfer is the document that passes the legal title in the property from the seller to the buyer and as such, must be drafted and signed properly.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The main forms of transfer and when to use them
- The main clauses to consider including in every transfer
- Less common transfer clauses in outline
- Who should sign the transfer?
- What if the transfer is not signed?
- HM Land Registry requirements regarding signing and witnessing the transfer
- What is the legal effect of the transfer?
- When does title pass?