Technology Transfer Agreements - The IP & Competition Law Aspects
This course will provide you with an introduction to the tools required to draft technology transfer agreements and will address issues such as competition law, exclusivity, restrictions, no-challenge clauses, improvements clauses and other competition issues.
The course will cover the following agreements:
- Patent and knowhow licences
- Software copyright licences
Delegates will also be shown what to look out for when doing due diligence on agreements for acquisitions in the technology field.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Research and development and other collaboration and joint venture agreements in the technology sector
- The EU technology transfer block exemption and research and development block exemptions
- IP ownership issues
- Practical guidance on how to draft background and foreground technology clauses and other common IP clauses
- The forthcoming "unitary" (community) patent and its implications for contract drafting
- Implications of 'Brexit'
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme