Taxation of Intellectual Property
Technology: In today's world it is fast becoming one of the most valuable assets a business can own and is, in many cases, a key driver of competitive advantage. The exploitation of IP rights can increase significantly the profitability of a business; but how are such profits taxed? What is the position on disposal?
This half day intermediate level seminar considers a number of the key areas in this field.
What You Will Learn
- UK corporate tax rules on intellectual property creation, acquisition, exploitation and disposal: opportunities and pitfalls
- Overview of UK tax rules for non-corporates: opportunities and pitfalls
- Research & development tax credits: not just for the white-coat and lab brigade!
- International aspects: are IP holding companies a good idea?
- Opportunities and pitfalls of cross-border transfers and licences
- Transfer pricing: when tax authorities collide, who pays?
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme