Taking Security over Intellectual Property
This is an area often overlooked by businesses. In the ever evolving world of technology, intellectual property is fast becoming one of the most valuable assets which can be held by a business. Despite this, many fail to realise its true potential and value.
This introductory level course will focus on how the value in IP can be maintained, protected and exploited.
It will also consider the security which can be taken over IP and the practical considerations of perfecting that security.
The course will be interactive and delegates will be encouraged to participate via case studies and discussing their experiences.
Please note that some basic knowledge of dealing with security will be assumed.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The main intellectual property rights available and how such intellectual property rights can be held
- How such intellectual property rights can be protected
- How to ascertain and protect the value of intellectual property
- How to exploit intellectual property rights
- Security options available (both as owner and as licensor of IP) including mortgages, fixed and floating charges
- Due diligence - what to do before taking security
- The general charging provisions in debentures
- Perfection of security - what to register and where
- What happens if interests are not properly registered - equitable security
- Enforcement of security
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme