Student Disciplinary Cases - The Key Issues Explored
Student disciplinary cases are increasingly common. This is an established process for academic discipline (i.e. cheating) and the occasional extreme act of misconduct.
Now students are subject to more discipline in more areas with students on professional courses being held to increasingly high standards.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The nature of the student contract and of university rules
- Academic appeals: plagiarism, cheating and marking
- Disciplinary cases:
- Topical issues: social media and harassment
- How to investigate - police involvement and fair investigations
- How to hold a fair hearing - evidence and representation
- OIA guidance on good practice
- The OIA and the Courts
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 6th January 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.