Special Guardianship Orders - Law Procedure & Practice 2020
Since the introduction of special guardianship orders there has been a steady rise in in their use.
Additionally, there have been many recent changes to both the procedure and the practice, with particular regard to the developments in the case law on timescales and regulations. All practitioners working with children and families should be aware of this area and know how and when these orders are necessary and relevant.
This webinar provides guidance as to the use of such orders with reference to the changes brought about by various amendment regulations, and also recent case law. There is also a consideration of these orders as compared to adoption and child arrangements orders.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Importance of special guardianship orders
- Parental responsibility and assessment processes
- Regulations and financial support - what is paid, and how is it calculated?
- Responsibility when special guardians move from different local authority areas to others
- Special Guardianship (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2018
- Do you extend the proceedings or conclude on care orders? Consideration of Re P-S (Children)
- What about ‘last minute’ relatives? Consideration of Re L and Others (Children: Care Proceedings)
- The impact of Re P (A Child) and the 26 weeks
- W-P (Children)  - What is the practical effect of an order?
- Special guardianship order v child arrangements order - Consideration of A County Council v M and N
- Adoption? Consideration of BT & GT (Children: Twins- Adoption)
- Testing of a placement - ICO or SGO? Consideration of Cumbria County Council and S, E and R 
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 6th May 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.