Solicitors' Accounts - A 2 Hour Update on the Scottish Law Society Rules
With problem areas and potential risks to avoid including fraud, this course is aimed at legal staff and cashroom managers and will provide a review of the Scottish Law Society Accounts Rules.
The course will consider how to deal with residual balances, slab outlays and 'messy' books including shortages in client accounts.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A review of Law Society Accounts Rules and how they apply in practice
- Problem areas & potential risks
- Firm's financial position
- Correct record keeping
- Messy books - shortage in clients' account
- Bank reconciliations
- Invested funds
- Law Society Certificate
- Dealing with residual balances
- Slab outlays
- Internet banking
- Fraudsters gaining access to your client account
- Are your staff trained?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme