Selling Land to Developers - Top Tips When Acting for the Seller
A developer is, by definition, a professional buyer of land, so your seller client is at a disadvantage from the start. It is your job, as the seller’s lawyer, to level the playing field.
This webinar will tell you what you need to know in order to put your clients in the best possible position when selling to developers, and is relevant to all types of transactions from sale of part of a back garden to sale of many acres of farmland.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Conditional contracts versus options versus promotion agreements - which is best for the seller?
- Exercising options - whole or part?
- S106 planning obligations
- Community Infrastructure Levy issues
- Exceptions and reservations - benefitting your client
- Future protection for the seller - restrictive covenants and easements
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 18th July 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.