Selling Development Land to Housing Associations - The Key Issues
Whether as a voluntary arrangement or as a necessary requirement of a s106 Agreement, it is quite common that landowners and developers transfer land to a Housing Association.
This requires a different thought process, as well as different documentation.
- If it is as a requirement of a s106 Agreement will the sale affect the retained land of your developer client?
- Is there a better way to do this than your usual method?
- Do you get the Housing Association to join in the negotiation?
- What requirements might the Housing Association have (e.g. clauses their mortgagee may require)?
This webinar will provide the answers - and more!
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The structure of the deal
- Contract conditional on planning
- Golden Brick
- Option Agreement
- Sale of land now but with Put Option for certain scenarios
- Are the above conditional on HA obtaining funding?
- Is there a JCT to consider too
- Issues regarding the fixing of service charges & management control of the Housing Association's land; membership of management companies
- The issue of 'Pepper Potting'
- Shared access ways
- Ensuring that the terms of any s 106 Agreement are complied with and reflected in the documentation, but also that they meet the HA's requirements (is a variation needed?)
- Practical drafting
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 24th July 2018 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.