Safeguarding Wealth on Marriage Breakdown - The Tricky Issues - A Masterclass
This masterclass looks at families and their assets within the context of marriage and marriage breakdown.
Presented by Maggie Rae this course aims to answer the following questions - at least as far as they can be answered!
- How do wealthy families protect their assets from those who marry into such families? Does it work?
- What happens when it all goes wrong?
- How will a couple’s assets be divided?
- What is the law and what are the principles?
- Is enforcement a problem?
What You Will Learn
This masterclass will cover the following:
- Disclosure of assets and liabilities
- The consequences of non-disclosure
- The concept of matrimonial property
- Valuing assets, including pre-acquired assets
- The significance of nuptial agreements
- Can assets be protected and if so how?
- Dealing with trusts
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme