SRA Standards & Regulations - Key Principles Explained
This live broadcast session with Tracey Calvert will cover the essentials of the SRA Standards and Regulations which replaced the SRA Handbook in November 2019.
The headline features were the new Principles, two new Codes of Conduct, a streamlined set of Accounts Rules and more flexibility in practising rights.
We still have the compliance officers’ regime but the firm’s COLP and COFA now report serious breaches to the SRA.
Have you adapted to the changes and have you thought about the challenges of demonstrating compliance with the new requirements? Twelve months on, this Learn Live session gives you the opportunity to check your understanding of the Standards and Regulations and assess your compliance response.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The Principles - reduced from 10 to 7 Principles, but what happened to the culled Principles and why did we need a separate Principle dealing with honesty?
- The key changes in terms of professional conduct
- An exploration of the two Codes of Conduct - an introduction and a discussion about the change of emphasis
- The expectations of solicitors in managerial and supervisory roles - how do you ensure accountability in the workplace?
- The Accounts Rules headlines
- Flexibility in practice - choices to make for you and your practice and how you respond to freelance solicitors and unauthorised law firms
- The role of the COLP and COFA in future - what is a serious breach?
- How to implement changes in your workplace - suggestions for your ‘to do’ list
- Suggestions for your compliance toolkit
- The key features of the changes
- What the SRA expects from the firm’s partners, compliance officers, solicitors and others
- What you can do in the workplace to ensure that you and your business can demonstrate the correct response
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.