SRA Compliance & COVID-19 - Live Round-Table Discussion with Tracey Calvert
These are strange times for anyone providing legal services or otherwise involved in running a law firm.
Business as usual is the over-used phrase for a situation which is anything but usual.
The challenge in these changing times is to ensure that risks continue to be managed and that ethical behaviours are maintained.
This new live broadcast session has been produced in response to the challenges we are facing because of the COVID-19 crisis.
The session will enable you to participate in a virtual round-table discussion of the key issues from your own desk and you will be able to speak and contribute as if we were all in the same room together.
- What the SRA expects from the firm’s partners, compliance officers, solicitors and others
- What you can do to ensure that you and your firm can demonstrate the correct response
- The essential characteristics of ‘business as usual’ in these challenging times
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- What does the SRA expect from us?
- The regulatory and ethical pinch points - client inception, identifying conflicts, undertakings, client instructions, confidentiality duties, keeping client money safe, reporting and notification duties
- What’s the new ‘business as usual’ in terms of effective governance - effective supervision, management systems, monitoring in practice
- Competency standards
- Keeping client money safe
- Effective risk management of remote working
- The key players - what’s expected and what happens if they aren’t around
- Contingencies to factor into the compliance response
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.