Review Engagements & Non-Audit Assurance - Insights & Guidance in 60 Minutes
With financial information subject to ever greater scrutiny, accountancy firms are increasingly required to provide assurance on a raft of different financial and non-financial information produced by clients.
This webinar will provide an insight into how assurance can be provided without doing a statutory audit, what guidance exists to help and how to put it to best use. It is aimed at accountants working within professional practices who already carry out review engagements or who would like to know more about how such assignments can complement the accounts compilation and audit services that they already offer clients.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What non-audit assurance involves and when and how it can be a useful alternative to a statutory audit
- Appreciate how exactly to tackle a review engagement and what to document on file
- Increase your awareness of recent updates to guidance on how to help complete review engagements
- Understand the minimum documentation requirements when completing review engagements and how to balance efficiency and effectiveness when completing the file
- Different review standards in existence and how they fit together
- Agreeing terms of engagement
- Planning, performing and competing the review engagement
- Producing the file - how review engagements differ from traditional audit and accounts compilation work and what file reviewers often say when feeding back
- Providing assurance on narrative information
- Independence issues - how they rise and how to address them
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 18th May 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.