Residential Lettings - The Hot Topics
Letting residential property was once considered insignificant and unimportant, but this has now all changed.
With new legislation introduced to protect both landlord and tenant, there are many pitfalls which can prove costly and early intervention with good advice to all parties could prevent problems arising.
This course will review the hot topics and offer delegates the opportunity to discuss problem situations and questions.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Deposit legislation - Housing Act 2004 and Deregulation Act 2015
- The importance of a professional inventory - what could happen without one?
- The importance of a thorough check-in and check-out report
- Deposit returns and problems - what to do when the landlord and tenant do not agree regarding the return of deposit monies
- Abandoned goods - tenants vacate and leave possessions in the property. Can you just dispose of them?
- Consumer Rights Act (specifically Unfair Terms)
- Retaliatory Evictions - Deregulation Act 2015
- HMRC Landlords' Tax obligations
- Safety checks within rented accommodation
- Party Wall Act 1996
- Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Agents Duty to Display Fees
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme