Residential Landlord & Tenant
'The private rented sector is an important and growing part of our housing market. It has overtaken the social rented sector in terms of size and is now the second largest tenure with 1.9 million properties housing 4 million households in England.'
But, the relationship between landlords and their residential tenants remains one fraught with potential tensions and difficulties for both parties. Sweeping legislative changes and continually evolving case law make this area of law a minefield for the unwary. This one-day course is designed to provide an essential guide to all property lawyers involved in potentially contentious residential tenancy matters who wish to keep up to speed in this fast changing area of law.
What You Will Learn
This practical session will cover the following:
- Assured, AST, regulated, common law: which, why & what that means
- The current position on tenancy deposits
- The Deregulation Act 2015: What this means for you & your clients
- Immigration checks and HMOs
- Rent Smart Schemes
- Problem tenants, consumer rights, regaining possession
- Landlord repairing obligations
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Just click Landlord & Tenant
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme