Regulation Update for COLPs & COFAs - Live at Your Desk
This live broadcast session will cover the latest changes to the current and the new code and look at the SRA's current focus by practice area, including litigation, personal injury, family law and conveyancing.
The aim of this live session is to ensure you are fully up to date on the regulatory landscape and equipped to meet the challenges of compliance in a safe but cost effective and proportionate manner.
Primarily the session is aimed at COLPs and COFAs but will be of interest to those who want greater understanding of regulation including those practising in small firms and sole practitioners. There will also be an opportunity to exchange ideas and discuss best practice - regulation made fun!
Our speaker, Linda Lee brings a unique perspective to the practical aspects of being a COLP or COFA and will explain the technical and practical aspects of regulation, including the introduction of the new Code now in force.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- Update on the SRA changes, including the new code
- Update on the latest version of the code
- Update on the impacts of the code on practice management
- Update on the latest cases before the SDT
- Update on complaints handling and LEO
- How you and your firm can avoid the pitfalls
- Focus on practice areas and warning notices
- Preparing for change
- Regulatory aspects of cybercrime and how to avoid becoming a victim
- What further changes are planned?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:30am - 12:30pm
9:30am - 12:30pm