Redundancy - A Guide For HR & Employment Law Professionals
Unfortunately, one of the consequences that many employers will need to face when the country goes back to work after the COVID-19 pandemic is redundancy.
There will be organisations that will not be able to get back to the trading position that they were at before the pandemic and cost cutting will be inevitable.
In this learn live session we will work through the steps that need to be followed to ensure a compliant redundancy programme.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Defining a redundancy
- The definition of redundancy in the Employment Rights Act 1996
- When a situation is not a redundancy
- Focus on the job not the person
- Collective consultation
- Timescales to follow
- When to start
- Information that must be given to representatives
- Election of representatives
- Selection of individuals for redundancy
- Selection pools
- Selection criteria
- Selection process
- Individual consultation
- When to start
- Managing the process
- Informing an individual that they are to be dismissed
- What to put in writing
- Calculating redundancy payments
- Suitable alternative employment
- Defining suitable alternative employment
- Trial periods
- Difficulties if an employee does not agree
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.