Recent Developments in Insurance Law - 2019 Update
This webinar examines recent cases and proposed reforms that have important implications for insurance practitioners and their clients.
Over the past year the courts have construed a variety of policies from project insurance to motor insurance. Amongst these was an appeal concerning a permanent health insurance policy, which is a type of policy that the Court of Appeal rarely has cause to consider.
Alison Green will consider these decisions along with the enlarged jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service over insurance issues and the Law Commission’s consultation on insurable interest.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Project insurance and subrogation
- Permanent health insurance
- Insurance brokers’ negligence
- Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 2010
- Costs against a non-party insurer
- International sanctions’ effect on payment of insurance claims
- Motor insurance and insurers’ conduct of defence
- Insurable interest
- Expansion of the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 21st June 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.