Quality Assurance & Practice Regulation - Problem Areas & Compliance Issues
All ICAS, ICAEW and ACCA registered firms of chartered accountants are required to comply with the Practice and Quality Standards of their professional body. This seems simple in theory - but the evidence of inspectors is that even simple things often go wrong, as a result of which firms can, and do, face disciplinary fines.
This course will explain the problem areas of practice regulation and what you need to do to comply.
If you are a partner, manager or other staff in professional practice firms with responsibility for practice regulation then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Recent areas of regulatory change and what you need to do to comply
- Aspects of practice regulation that often give rise to poor regulatory outcomes and disciplinary penalties and why
- How good practice management can increase productivity, work flow and therefore improve job recoveries
- What the new Money Laundering Regulations mean for firms in practice
- IT security and data protection - including the impact of GDPR
- Update on client monies regulations
- 2017 Criminal Finances Act - including the corporate tax offence
- Managing quality control and work flow - what the inspectors are looking for
- Balancing efficiency and effectiveness when managing your practice
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme